Today I've been thinking about it-and reading Sarah Palin's book. And while we took down the outside Christmas lights, not much else got done while I read and pondered--much to my husband’s chagrin (of course it was AFTER the football game, while he was working and I was sitting, that he got irritated).
So, here is my plan-it may evolve over the year, but it won't change drastically:
I will read 40 books--ouch, did I just say that??!! I realize you were likely hoping for some number that doubled or even tripled my previous score and that 40 is only 7 more than I read last year, but come on, I’m only human and, along with blogging about the downfall of our beloved Republic 40 books will be a stretch! That number will also not reflect my daily Scripture reading--unless of course I fail miserably and need the Book of Mormon to be added to make forty! At that point,I may begin to include magazines and children’s books—which I know some who have, and you know who you are <3 Here is what’s on my short list:
- Going Rogue by Sarah Palin
- The Real George Washington by Jay Parry
- Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmadge
- The Mapmaker’s Wife by Robert Whitaker
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- God in the Dock by C.S. Lewis
- The Great Apostasy by James E. Talmadge
- The Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert Frost
- Christopher Columbus, the Last Templar by Ruggero Marino
- My Dearest Friend: the Letters of Abigail and John Adams edited by Margarete A. Hogan and C. James Taylor
- The Great Prologue by Mark E. Petersen
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Now this list is in no way comprehensive, and is in no particular order. (It also includes two books I'm in the middle of--the Sarah Palin book, and the George Washington book--did I already mention I love George Washington?) In fact, “Atlas Shrugged” will likely be next or very close to next, because, as you will have read in the above linked post, I had started it once, and it DOES still have a bookmark in it; also, someone is anxious for me to finish it.
There you have it; it’s been publicly stated, and I’ll have to get off now and get busy, I have a LOT to read!