Monday, May 18, 2009

Oliver!

My children were involved in a production of "Oliver!" at our tiny local community theatre. They all had a grand time, and learned something about themselves in the process.
DS #2 played "The Artful Dodger", DD #4 played "Bet" and DD #5 was in the chorus.
I've been waking with "Oliver!" songs in my head for weeks now, and I'm glad to say they performed to sell-out crowds.























I tip my hat (figuratively of course, I don't usually wear a hat ;) ) to Peg Major.
She whipped these kids into shape, and helped my children find out a little more about themselves; DD #5 discovered she DOES like to be on stage, DD #4 discovered she CAN sing in front of an audience and DS #2 discovered he can ACT. It was a time of growth for these three, and as tired as I am, I look forward a teeny bit for the next production.
I thought for those family members who couldn't make it down, I'd post some photos from the production.

2 comments:

Audra M said...

Sounds wonderful!!! Thanks for posting pics.

Unknown said...

This is very cool. Sounds like everything was a great big hit.