Friday, September 4, 2009

I Pledge!

The messiah complex continues:



"To be a servant of our president..."??? Do these people even have the intelligence to understand the basic concepts of Liberty and Freedom???? I seriously doubt it.

Here's one:
"I Pledge to uphold the Constituiton of the United States of America. To hold my elected officials responsible. I pledge to speak out against socia...lism in all of it's ugly forms. I pledge to teach my children to respect the inspired document that sets America apart and makes her great. I pledge to fight for free market, and to end government intrusion into our lives."
That's my pledge. What's yours?

4 comments:

Marian Scadden said...

Ack! I thought their pledges were going along pretty well until they said the last one in unison...And being every so slightly mistrusting of a bunch of actors, the thought did cross my mind several times, "Really? You?" Of course, I don't know any of them personally so I could just be a bit judgmental. I hope they are contributing time and money to those efforts they mentioned. Me? I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing for 38 years--trying to put into practice gospel truths (which encompasses a LOT!). One would think I'd have got those down by now. Not yet.

R.T. Vance said...

Well there is any entire list of famous rich people who I don't have any intention of watching any more of their films.

Some of their causes are just, just not for the right causes.

You know I had hope (I know curse word) up until that last scene.

I wonder if these people are still keeping to their pledge.

Jeannetta said...

I'm wondering the same things, and while it did seem a little self righteous, they are mostly good things they were pledging-except the "funkadelic" or whatever that goon said.
But then...the pledging to be a servant of Barak Obama. I'm only a servant to my God. The end. :)

Mach Momma said...

What do you expect from people who pretend to be other people for a living. Does make you want to hurl though. I like your pledge a lot better.
This reminds me of Hilter's Youth propaganda and also in the war chapters of the Book of Mormon when Amalickiah wanted to be king and after he finally got Lehonti down off the mountain and then poisoned him by degrees. We are all being poisoned "by degrees". What a battle our children have.